Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What's in a Name?

Juliet: "What's in a name? That which we call a rose . By any other name would smell as sweet." Shakespeare Quotes, Romeo & Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Dear Readers,

I'm sorry if this second post is pretty self-indulgance (you don't have to read this really ^-^''). I just need to have at least an overview/outline before starting anything (it's kind of a ritual for me). This is just like a course outline/general housekeeping rules for my blog.

What's in a name?

For me, name/term is important because it helps me to define or explain things. A name is a representation of one's identity. It reflects characteristics and personality. As in a novel/article, the title helps us to quickly pinpoint its general contents/issues/topics. Last but not least, a name also acts as a keyword or a personal branding ^-^.

Why 'Voici et Voila'?

Voici (French) means 'look here', 'here it is' (or 'here they are'):

1) It's used when you are presenting an object or concept.

2) It's about what you're going to say/ what you are going to introduce.

et simply means and

Voila (French) means 'look there', 'check it out':

1) It's used when you talk about facts or more abstracts things (reasons).

2) It's about what you've just said .

3) an expression of success/satisfaction.

What's inside my boxes?

Psychology: anything related to soul, human conncetion, wellbeing, coping, positive psychology, the narrative therapy, bibliotherapy, self-regulation, transformation, empowerment.

Design and creativity: anything related to crafts, decoration, personal space, home interior, humanistic photography, fashion, mixed media art, art therapy, creative writing.

Inspiration: mood boards, inspiring videos/musics/books, inspiring people.

I hope we can continue to inspire each other ^-^. Feel free to contact me through:

My email: starlunasky@gmail.com, or Follow me in twitter: starlunasky

No comments:

Post a Comment